Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Years reVolutions

Happy New Year!














For a minute there, I didn't think we were gonna make it...what with all the global warming and the gays marrying, Marc Foley and Tom Cruise...Beelzebub himself was sure to get us all in 2006, but we seemed to have dodged his mighty hand just a bit longer. Don't. Fuck. It. Up.

Anyhoo, I had a rather lovely little New Years Eve. Kim and I went to dinner and then a bunch of us went back to Will's Rutgers house, but I couldn't help but think that the night has lost some of the magic it had for me when I was younger. I think it has to do with the time. I mean, when you're 7 years old, midnight is LATE. But now, it's not so special. I have, like, dinner at midnight. Not even, I have lunch at midnight, and dinner at 5am. And then I get ready to go out to the club at 8am. Doesn't everyone? Jeez
































So I think for next year, we should push New Years back to like 3am, so that it feels reeeeeeaaaally late when the ball drops.

I guess the whole time thing reverts back when you get old though. I was watching Dick Clark give some New Years wisdom after the clock struck 12 and thought, "surely this was pre-recorded because it is WAY past his bed time."




























So this break has been pretty good. Last week we had a bunch of family and friends over to celebrate the holidays after the holidays, basically because both me and my brother were home, and that never happens. Brittany fell in love with one of my little cousins and we decided to keep him and start our own family.


















It turns out he's a triplet though, so we had to give him back to the other two. Ugh.

I also got to hang out with some really good friends who I grew up with, and who have all since moved out to LA. They keep telling me I'm going to move out there after graduation, but they can keep dreaming.














Karen finally turned 21 a few nights ago.














We had dinner in SPAIN and then went downtown for a Burlesque show. It was pretty fantastic, as she had the time of her life and there were just so many people we both knew there, from Boston, New York, Jersey, and DUBLIN.



























So here we are. 2007. For years and years, many of us have written 2007 down on paper work and forms and documents, the year of graduation, never expecting it to actually arrive.

But it has.

In a BIG way.

And while I'm excited and anxious to know what will happen in 5 months, here are some thoughts for now:

In 2007, I hope to make better decisions. In grade school, my teachers would tell me to think before I spoke, because usually I said whatever came to mind: some of it constructive, some of it useless, most of it absolutely moronic and insulting. And now, at 21, I still do this. But I also act without thinking sometimes. And that's a bad idea.

So while I learn to deal with these imperfections, and trust me, I am well aware of and sorry for them, let's all look forward to a bigger and better 2007.

Happy New Year. I love you all.

1 comment:

Balboskie13 said...

Hey Ev. To a Bigger and Better 2007 glad i met you