Monday, October 23, 2006

Breaking News: Scissor Sisters are...MEN???














It has recently come to my attention that music fans everywhere have been lied to for the past few years as to the identities of the members of the band, Scissor Sisters. After seeing them in concert tonight, I can tell you with 100% positivity:

They aren't sisters at all, but a sextuplet of gender bending entertainers, 5 male, 1 unknown.















With lyrics such as:

"I ain't got nothing but your seed on my face,
You'll put them babies to waste
Without your finger in the pie"

-and-

"Kiss you off my lips
I don't need another tube of that dime-store lipstick
Well I think I'm gonna buy me a brand new shade of man"

I was almost certain that only wicked, promiscuous females could come up with stuff like this, but I was delightfully mistaken. The head of the group, Jake Shears (get it??), provided the audience (including every 'mo in Boston) with a fun thrusting/stripping combination and an incredible vocal range. No joke, he's one of the most attention commanding front-men I have ever seen.















I was accompanied by my very good friend Maura, who was the perfect date. Maura and I rarely ever see each other outside of the gym (we met as kickboxing instructor/apprentice...and it's blossomed from there) or the computer lab, so it was nice to relax and spend a night out together not in sweatpants.















They are completely over the top, which I love. Totally camp. Costumes, bad jokes, the whole bit. The show was a throwback to Studio 54 and Elton John. And supposedly they are pro-Kylie, anti-Madonna. Whoa.















In other news, what a great weekend! It all started on Friday when Beth came up from Hartford. We spent the weekend talking about the great things that happen when we get together. Friday we hit up the Cheesecake Factory for Justin's Birthday, and after an enormous meal we all slipped into food comas right at the table. 3 months later, our waiter woke us up and we ordered dessert.















After a comedy show, a stroll through a pumpkin patch, late night tea in bed, and hours of confused looks from other people, I have decided that we should probably marry, since it doesn't look too promising for us otherwise.

After all, the sanctity of marriage has been corrupted and destroyed by Polygamists and Tom Cruise, so I think we should give it a go. Whataya say? You've heard of inter-faith, now try inter-preference! Nice.















Saturday night we went to a Halloween party 10 days too early....also known as simply a costume party. Beth and I were pirates, but we were a special division of pirates who only pillage cupcakes, as explained on our shirts. We're like the SVU of pirates.














At the party we met up with Kenny and Rachel who were partner-costumed as Britney and K-Fed. PS- add them to the list of people who have ruined marriage for the rest of the world.





























The weekend wrapped up with a birthday party. Nicholas finally turned 21, the last of our group to make the big switch. Happy Birthday, Nick!















And I'm almost 22...gross. Anyway, the party brought together a very special group of people. We have been lucky enough to grow up together for the last 7 or 8 years (some of us longer), and now that we are all finally legal, I look forward to the next step.















So, I'd like to toast to Jack Brown, who from what I hear, is a fact now!

Later

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aw ev. that made me shed a tear. great picture, great times, great friends. looooooove you darling